I am looking forward to presenting at the 2020 SAEEC Conference on the 4 – 6 November 2020. The presentation is on Sustainable Neighbourhoods and is based on research and local case study using the Built Environment Sustainability Tool (BEST). It addresses the following questions:
- How can sustainability at a neighbourhood level be defined?
- Can the performance of a neighbourhood in terms of sustainability be measured?
- What are the implications of unsustainable aspects of neighbourhoods?
- Where there are sustainability performance ‘gaps’ in neighbourhoods, how can these be tackled?
- Can effective structured, shared plans be created to efficiently improve the sustainability of neighbourhoods?