- Developed and teach modules on sustainability, maintenance, PPPs, energy facilities management for the University of the Free State Business School
- Developed and teach modules on sustainable facilities management for Monash University and the South African Property Owners Association (SAPOA)
- Developed and teach modules on sustainability to the University of Kwa-Zulu Natal, the Tshwane University of Technology and University of Pretoria
- Developed and presented a range of courses in the private and public sector including an NQF aligned energy auditing and management course for GIZ, courses on Inclusion for the Presidency, courses on urban sustainability for ICLEI, courses on sustainable buildings for the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and courses on green building materials and construction for the International Labour Organisation (ILO)
- Past faculty member of Green Building Council of South Africa (GBCSA) Greenstar training
- Developed and taught sustainability case studies for CSIR Innovation and Internal Leadership Academy (CILLA) sustainability course
- Developed and taught continued professional development (CPD) courses for the Pretoria Institute of Architects (PIA)
- Developed courses, lectured and undertook thesis reviews on Design, Sustainability and Development for the University College London, the American College and Cavendish College in London.
- Jeremy Gibberd’s papers on sustainable buildings have been required reading on courses at The Collaboratory for Research on Global Projects Stanford University, USA, the Innovation Studies Centre, Imperial College London, UK and The Design and Social Context Portfolio of the Royal Melbourne University of Technology, Australia.
- Taught courses on Environment Design, Advanced Technology, Sustainability and Architectural Design as a Visiting Professor at Savannah College of Art and Design, Savanah, Georgia, USA
- Appointed as Technical Expert by University of Venda to advise on the development of a new Construction Engineering curriculum, November 2016.
- Appointed as Technical Expert by University of Witwatersrand to review Construction Economic and Management courses including curriculum, teaching material, assignments, exams and marking, January – August 2016.
- Appointed by the Council of the Built Environment (CBE) to advise on built environment professional registration requirements and how emerging skills and knowledge needs should be addressed.
- Appointed on the New Skills for New Jobs (NSNJ) EU funded project to advise on built environment skills requirements.
- Appointed as External Examiner by Professor David Roodt for the School of Construction Economics and Management University of Witwatersrand for the BUQS3016 Building Science course.
- PhD External Examiner for Y Mei, Queensland University of Technology, 2012
- PhD External Examiner for B Wekesa, Tshwane University of Technology, 2009.
- PhD External Examiner for E Kaatz, University of Cape Town, 2005.
- Act as BSc and MSc examiner at a range of universities including the University of Pretoria, Durban University of Technology, University of Witwatersrand, University of Kwa-Zulu Natal and Tshwane University of Technology.