Jeremy Gibberd BSc MSc Dip Arch (UCL) PrArch MIArch (PIA) CEA PMP PhD
- Member of the Architects Registration Board of the UK (ARB) professional registration number 059561F
- Member of the South African Council of Architectural Professions (SACAP) professional registration number 6467
- Member of the Pretoria Institute of Architects (PIA) professional registration number GI0349
- Project Management Professional (PMP) registered with the Project Management Institute (PMI) number 487052
- Certified Energy Auditor (CEA) registered with the Associated of Energy Engineers (AEE)
- Greenstar Accredited Professional Registration R6ELON51E9
- NQF Assessor registered with South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA)
- Architecture, urban sustainability, smart cities, sustainability master planning, sustainable building design and management, inclusive environments, education and community buildings, facilities management, indicator systems, policy development, research and education
- English, Setswana, Some French, Spanish and Portugues
Jeremy has over 20 years of experience working in a range a range of roles within the planning, design and management of the built environment. He has developed specialist expertise in sustainable built environments, education and community architecture, building performance analysis and facilities management. He has a wide knowledge of relevant legislation, technological developments and best practice within these areas.
Following a science course at the University of Botswana, Jeremy trained and registered as an architect in the UK. He completed a Masters degree in Advanced Architectural Studies at the Bartlett School of Architecture, UCL, London, UK. His PhD, completed in 2003, is on methodologies for integrating sustainability into built environments in developing country contexts.
As a visiting professor, Jeremy lectured on environmental design, advanced technology and design at SCAD in the USA and has developed and taught courses on urban design, architectural design, materials, sustainability, energy and facilities management with organisations such as GIZ, ICLEI, the Green Building Council of South Africa (GBCSA), the South African Property Owners Association (SAPOA) the University of the Pretoria and the University of the Free State. He has examined at masters and doctorate levels at Queensland University of Technology (Australia), University of Cape Town and University of Johannesburg (South Africa).
He regularly works as a research scientist and consultant to government, business and community organisations. Dr Gibberd is a Co-coordinator the Construction Industry Board (CIB) Working Group (W116) on Smart and Sustainable Built Environments (SASBE). Dr Gibberd has published widely and presented as invited or keynote speaker at numerous international meetings and conferences.