Keynotes, Invited Lectures and Panels
- Gibberd, J., 2022, Circular Solutions for Sustainable Material Economy in Urbanizing Africa, SBEfin Virtual Conference, 23-25 November 2022 (forthcoming).
- Gibberd, J., 2022, Circular Materials and Buildings, Green Building Convention 2022, 2-4 November 2022, Cape Town, South Africa.
- Gibberd, J., 2022, Innovative Sustainable Building Models and Tools, Green Building Convention 2022, 2-4 November 2022. Cape Town, South Africa.
- Gibberd, J., 2022, Regulations and Support for More Resilient Human Settlements, Human Settlements Indaba, 4 – 5 September 2022, Durban Exhibition Centre, Durban, South Africa.
- Gibberd, J., 2022, Why Architects Need To Do More Feasibility Studies, SAIAshare. 5 August 2022.
- Gibberd, J., 2022, Climate Change Implications for Construction, South African Council for Construction Project Managers (SACMP) Constructing New Perspective Seminar on 3 March 2022.
- Gibberd, J., 2022, Panellist at the PSET CLOUD DigiTrans 2022 Virtual Conference, 28 February and 1 March 2022.
- Gibberd, J., 2021, Preparing for Change: Design Responses. CPD lecture for the Cape Institute for Architecture (CIFA), 17 November 2021.
- Gibberd, J., 2021, Strategic Facilities Management: Anticipating and Preparing for Future Change, KES COVID-19 Challenge, 29 March 2021. http://covidchallenge.kesinternational.org/prose.php
Gibberd, J., 2021, The Business Case for Circular Buildings, Buildings Pavilion, COP26 Panel hosted by Global Alliance for Buildings and Construction, 9 November 2021.
- Gibberd, J., 2020, Circular Built Environment in Asia, Africa and Latin America. World Urban Forum, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 8-13 February 2020. Presentation.
- Gibberd, J., 2019, Capable Neighbourhoods, International Conference on Future Cities, IIT Roorkee, India, 11th December to 13th December 2019.
- Gibberd, J., 2019, Circular Economy in Africa, Build With Care series, One Planet Network, 18 November 2019.
- Gibberd, J., 2019, Five Questions to Ask When Choosing a Building Sustainability Rating Tool, Guidelines for Providing Product Sustainability Information CIP/SBC webinar, 9 October 2019.
- Gibberd, J., 2019, Instruments and Capacity for Sustainable Built Environments, International Training Centre (ITC), International Labour Organisation, 26 – 30 August 2019, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Gibberd, J., 2019, Digital Ecosystems and New Thinking in Smarter Infrastructure, African Smart Cities Summit. 9 – 11 June 2019, Midrand, South Africa
- Gibberd, J., 2019, Circular Economy in Construction, World Circular Economy 2019, 3-5 June 2019, Helsinki, Finland
- Gibberd, J., 2019, Present and chair special session: Academic Advisory Panel on Science, Technology and Innovations for Sustainable Human Settlements, Sustainable urbanization through research, innovations and partnerships Conference, Nelson Mandela University, Port Elizabeth, South Africa. 6-10 May 2019
- Gibberd, J., 2018, Smart and Sustainable Built Environments in a Changing World, 9th EPPM Conference, 25 September 2018, Cape Town, South Africa
- Gibberd, J., 2017, School, Social Mobility and Development International Forum of Educational Infrastructure, June 12 -14 2017, UNESCO, Mexico City, Mexico [link]
- Gibberd, J., 2017, Delivering Smarter Infrastructure, Smart Buildings and Infrastructure, Africa Summit 2017, 23 – 24 May 2017, Gallagher Estate, Midrand, South Africa
- Gibberd, J., 2017, Models for Sustainable Student Housing, GreenCafe, 31 May 2017, GE Innovation Centre, Rosebank, South Africa
- Gibberd, J., 2017, The Business Case for Energy Efficient Buildings, Energy Africa, Sandton Convention Centre, Power and Electricity World Africa, Sandton Convention Centre, 28-29 March 2017.
- Gibberd, J., 2016, How to Develop a Business Case and Roadmap to Smart Buildings Re-imagining Africa’s Smart Buildings Landscape, Adopting Smart Practices for a Better Africa, Cape Town Convention Centre, 11 – 12 August 2016
- Gibberd, J., 2016, Human Habitat, Institute of Landscape Architects (ILASA) Habitat Creation, Tshwane University of Technology, 11 May 2016
- Gibberd J. 2016, Innovative Business Opportunities from Sustainable Buildings and Construction in Emerging Economies and Developing Countries, WBC16 Special Forum: World Building Conference 2016
- Gibberd, J., 2016, Developing a Responsive Approach to the Upgrading of Informal Settlements, 2016, Habitat III Thematic Meeting on Informal Settlements, Urban Dialogue Side Event, Pretoria, 7-8 April 2016
- Gibberd, J., 2016, Optimised Design and Operations for Sustainable Built Environments, Energy Africa, Sandton Convention Centre, Power and Electricity World Africa, Sandton Convention Centre, 1-16 March 2016.
- Gibberd, J., 2015, Capability for Sustainability, Smart and Sustainable Buildings Conference 2015, Pretoria, 9-11 December 2015, University of Pretoria, 9-11 December 2015
- Gibberd, J., 2015, Tools for Sustainability, Smartbuild 2015, Cape Town, 23 – 24 February 2015
- Gibberd, J., 2012, Ecological Footprint (EF) and Human Development Index (HDI) Capability for Sustainable Development Trajectories. Smart and Sustainable Built Environments (SASBE 2012) Conference, Sao Paulo, Brazil, 27-30 June 2012
- Gibberd, J., 2004, Standard School Designs Vs the Site-Specific, Colloquia on School Designs, Gland, Switzerland
- Gibberd, J., 2015, Smart and Sustainable Built Environments Conference (SASBE2015), Pretoria, South Africa, 9-11 December 2015
- Gibberd, J., 2015, Smartbuild 2015, Cape Town, 23 – 24 February 2015
Conference / Other Presentations