Recently I was asked to present on sustainable building rating systems in a webinar organised by the UN. There are now many different systems so it is becoming increasingly difficult to choose and distinguish between these systems.
My presentation, therefore, focussed on 5 questions that could be applied to review systems in order to choose the one most suitable to your situation.
The 5 questions are:
- How does the system define sustainability?
- Does the system address your / local priorities?
- Does the system change behaviour as well as technical performance?
- Does the system help prepare the built environment for change?
- Is there an evidence base to confirm that the system will achieve the required levels of change?
Let me know if you would like a copy of the presentation.